Monday, March 18, 2013

Menu Plan Monday -18 March 2013


holidaympm-1

Yesterday was bright and sunny but cold.  We went to church in Ottawa and then a bit of shopping.
Colin’s aunt died on Saturday (Dad’s youngest sister).  Judy was 55.  She had down’s syndrome so actually lived a good long life.  I think Judy has been missing Isobel (her ‘go-to’ person) as she hasn’t been herself since Isobel died.  Judy went peacefully in her sleep and the nursing home staff found her Saturday morning.  Not a bad way to go, I guess.
Dad is taking it well.  With Judy’s age, it was a shock but not really a surprise.  And he’s seen her decline over these last few months.  Luckily, his sister (in Harrow) and his brothers and SILs up here are really stepping up and helping out.  I was afraid he’d have to make all the arrangements and deal with everything himself since he’s the eldest.
Wow, first Mom, then Colin’s sister’s FIL, and now Aunt Judy -let’s hope that’s our 3 bad things.  We’ve had enough ‘nonsense’ to last us a few years.
Monday:
pizza
shoulder chops
Tuesday:
pb&h
KFC
Wednesday:
pb & h
German pancakes (sugar pancakes as Ella calls them)
Thursday:
pizza
meatloaf
Friday:
oatmeal pancakes
chicken burgers
Saturday:
tacos
l/o meatloaf
Sunday:
??
More great ideas at I’m an Organizing Junkie

No comments: