Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Promised Recipe


I promised my girlfriend the recipe for really easy chocolate cake.  Since I'm whipping one up for Colin I thought I'd finally get it posted.

Colin's Chocolate Cake -makes 1 9 inch cake
1 1/2 c flour                  1 c white sugar
1/2 t salt                         3 T cocoa
1 t bk powder                1 t bk soda
1 t vanilla                        1 t vinegar
1/2 c butter, melted   1 c buttermilk
Mix everything in a bowl and pour into a greased cake pan.  Doesn't get easier than that!
Bake 350F for 30 minutes

or double the recipe and pour into a greased bundt pan and bake 60 minutes.

I have another recipe to share.  I wish I could include the link for where I found it.  I usually write that information down.  If any one has the link, please let me know.  But this is so delicious I just have to share.

Slow Roasted Pork with Memphis Dust
Memphis Dust:
2 T brown sugar and white sugar
4 t paprika
2 t salt and garlic powder
1 t pepper and onion powder
1 t ginger powder
Massage this onto a trimmed pork shoulder roast (around 4 lbs).
Put on a roasting pan and roast 225F for 8-12 hours.  I usually do it about 8 hours.  So delicious!

No comments: