Finally, the real crazy week is over. There are still a few more meetings and seminars but they are more spaced out. Ella's home from a long sleep-over with Grandma. Though Momma is missing the whole night's sleep (Ella was awake for 1 1/2 hours last night).
We're trying to keep the grocery bill down right now. Pork sales at the farm gate always get slow February to March -too cold to get out of the car :)
Monday:
spaghetti
chicken cacciatore, from the freezer
Tuesday:
pb & h -grocery day
chicken fingers and oven fries
Wednesday:
crescent dogs
beef stroganoff -I found this very yummy sounding recipe on another website and thought to give it a try it will likely be accompanied by mashed potatoes -wouldn't want to waste all that good gravy. There is a Pork Meeting tonight, but I'm not going. It's elections and it drives me crazy because they sit there and nominate and second each other -and there is only 3 of them!!!
Thursday:
sloppy joes -I like a warm meal after skating
sausages -our butcher is trying some flavoured sausages and so this is a taste test for him
Friday:
French onion soup -from my Julia Child recipe
garlic roast chicken with one of my big locally grown chickens -yum yum
Saturday:
sausages?? -something fairly quick as we have the OVFC AGM this afternoon
leftover stroganoff, whenever we get back home
Sunday:
Vestry meeting after church so don't know
leftover chicken if Daddy's not taking me out for Valentine's day -we don't go overboard
I'm an Organizing Junkie always has other great ideas


2 comments:
Roberts Rules of Meetings, are so funny! At church meetings, the men will get going and forget, then someone will remember to be proper- I don't go to those meetings either, they are so dull! Keeping that grocery bill down is a constant 3 steps forward, 2 steps back battle. Looks like a good menu! We don't do Valentine's very big either, but I will make a nice meal, Hubby can't really take me out with all my food sensitivity issues.
The Pork producers have a former Ag. Rep. as the official secretary and he won't let them 'forget'. It drives me insane, it's nearly as bad as an OVFC board meeting (aptly named btw) where the take 1/2 hour to talk about how we're going to talk about something!!!
Groceries did ok, it was a smaller list. Even came home with change :) But prices have been creeping up the last couple months. I don't really notice the difference until we get to the cash. Somehow they are making the prices seem the same??
Yes it's hard eating out with food sensitivities/allergies. I'm very allergic to alcohol and you would be surprised to find the food they put it in. We have a couple local restaurants that I know are 'safe' and are willing to tell me what's in their food. It's nice not to wash dishes some days.
Post a Comment