Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - 18 January 2010



Some new recipes to try this week.  Got lots of things I'm trying to get done this week.  And a pile of baking.  Better get off the computer and back to work  :)

Monday: dance night
old world tomato soup -new recipe

bbq short ribs -new recipe

Tuesday:
grilled cheese
sweet and sour pork -Ella wants to try out the chopsticks Auntie B gave her for Christmas

Wednesday:
l/o tomato soup
l/o short ribs

Thursday: skating
wieners and beans
chicken pie -new recipe

Friday:
French onion soup and something for the weird non-onion people  :)
l/o sweet and sour pork

Saturday:
pancakes
l/o chicken pie

Sunday:
French fries
roast beef and tomato dumplings -new recipe


Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds about like my week- except some of my work is getting photos off my computer! Computer work makes me tired!

Paula said...

The laundry situation is driving me crazy. We're having water 'issues' and I've been told to only do one load a day. I just want to get the pile gone and start over.

Diann said...

Your menu sounds amazing, as usual!

Wish you lived closer -- I'd be happy to share my washer with you.:)
Good luck with the water issues!

Paula said...

The soup smells good. I'm just making it, it took too long to make for lunch. I ended up with perogies and Colin and Ella got chicken sandwiches.

Colin thinks it's a septic tank-type issue. But nothing smells (thank goodness). I'm thinking the drainage field (or whatever it's called) is frozen and not letting the 'water' into the ground. Ah, the fun of country living :)

Anonymous said...

It's been a busy beginning to the week (I'm going to blog later) I'm a little late in revisiting the comments.
We're on sewer, city living. That priviledge costs out of pocket though. You guys are pretty cold up there this year, wow, a frozen drainfield that would be bad. When the drain pipe from our washer froze in Dec. I was frustrated too- Being without a washer is not a good thing at all- I don't have a laundry sink, that I could wash in-the laundromat is gross so I was twitching. I guess you just wash the most important items for the day. It's all the water that comes from the house that needs a place to go, so you must be watching usage all around.

Paula said...

Regular water use doesn't seem to be a problem. Though with just Ella and I in the house, not much flushing happens during the day :) It just seems to be a problem when I do more than one load.