Monday, January 11, 2010
Menu Plan Monday - 11 January 2010
Finally getting the house back to normal. The tree is out and the decorations are, nearly, all put away. Now I just need to get caught up on my laundry and get our schedule back to normal. Ella got some nice workbooks for Christmas so I may start doing some schooling more often. Hopefully I can find some time to do some baking, I have new recipes I want to try.
Monday: dance night
spaghetti
steak and potatoes
Tuesday: grocery day
pb&h for Daddy
sticky chicken -yummy freezer recipe
Wednesday:
pizza
Bavarian beef pie -new recipe, didn't get made last week
Thursday: skating
pizza
leftover chicken
Friday:
sandwiches
leftover beef pie
Saturday:
old world tomato soup -new recipe -this is getting moved to next week, I don't have time today
fish and chips
Sunday:
hot dogs -Ella's request
more leftover chicken
There's lots of other great ideas over at I'm an Organizing Junkie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hi Paula. Now you have me inspired to try, try again with the menu planning. I have in the past and never stick to it. How do you do it? I am now your loyal follower. If you have an extra minute some time, come to mine at www.samwich365.com. I'd be honored to have you visit/comment/or follow. Happy New Year, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)
Yum! I love sticky chicken, but have never thought about freezing it. Do you freeze it before you cook it, or cook it first and then thaw/reheat? Just curious. I'm working on a freezer meal cooking day, and looking for new stuff to add.
The sticky chicken I season and then freeze raw. It sort of marinates when you thaw it. That way the flavour goes right through the meat, not just on the skin.
Keri, you've got an interesting blog. So many yummy looking sandwiches. How do I menu plan every week - I have to. I only shop every two weeks, with a limited budget. I buy just what we need. That and I like to know what we are having, not standing in front of the fridge at 4 trying to come up with supper. :)
Thanks Paula! I'm going to try that soon!
Visiting from Organizing Junkie!
Great to meet another young, homeschooling mom who loves to cook!
My girls requested hotdogs this week too, but plan to have chili dogs!
Welcome to the new people. I still can't believe people want to read my thoughts :) I hope you enjoy my recipes.
Post a Comment